Supply Chain Planning Analyst
Job ID :
US - New York - Rochester
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Rochester is the HQ for the Laboratory Plastics Essentials business for the Laboratory Products Division (LPD).
How will you make an impact?
You will make an impact by reducing backorders, increasing on time shipments, and, optimizing inventory.
Position Summary and Objectives
The Supply Chain Planning Analyst is a hands on position supporting inventory optimization, demand planning activities and change management projects. This role reports into the Senior Supply Chain Planning Manager.
What will you do?
· Identify and successfully execute supply chain improvement opportunities throughout the LPD Supply Chain in North America by working collaboratively with Site Operations Teams, Global Planning and BU teams through use of PPI / Lean tools & techniques.
· Partner with IT, Supply Chain Analytics and Planning team members to understand core ERP data and functionality that could enable decision support tools and reports.
· Participate on cross-functional teams to develop data warehouse strategies to support the global supply chain and other critical areas within the division.
· As needed, coach and mentor the supply chain organization about how to most productively utilize existing reports and decision support tools.
· Develop tools/analytics and perform transactions to support achievement of customer service objectives and facilitate/monitor material flow.
· Develop and/or maintain existing metrics (KPIs) associated with demand, supply, service, and inventory management.
· Support/lead projects related to inventory analysis, supply schedules, backorders, bookings, purchases and sales in response to ongoing projects and/or periodic business requests.
· Support the business unit to ensure the implementation and maintenance of the most efficient supply chain possible.
· Drive transparency and standardized work in supply chain planning organization.
· Support the data development process for global supply chain projects.
How will you get here?
· Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field is required.
· 3-5 years related experience.
· Strong Lean and/or Six Sigma working experience with demonstrated achievement of continuous improvement through utilization of Lean tools.
· Experience with New Product Development or New Product Introduction with a focus on Design for Manufacturing and the transition from development to manufacturing.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Strong project management and team leadership skills with the ability to develop strong support for change.
· Demonstrated experience of optimizing inventory turns by understanding ABC classifications, MOQ and lead time optimization. Experience with strategies to eliminate E&O.
· Proven knowledge and ability to define, lead and implement benchmark Supply Chain processes (stocking strategy, stocking parameters, Kanban, Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP).
· Self-Starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
· High degree of personal initiative and self-motivation. Pro-active, with a bias for action.
· Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multitask.
· Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
· Domestic travel average 5%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join