Applications Scientist: Intern R&D
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
The Applications Scientist Intern will be responsible for testing various life science samples with the NanoDrop product line. This position requires a scientist with knowledge and experience in laboratory instrumentation and software. He/she must be capable of both doing laboratory work and critically analyzing experimental results. Applications Scientists also participate in new product development and R&D activities. The position starts in May, paid working 40 hours per week through August. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
- Uses expertise in molecular biology and other fields relevant to spectroscopy to produce and document experimental data.
- Works with the R&D Division to help generate data to support R&D projects
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- High level of technology fluency to understand and properly communicate the technology associated with assigned products
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- High energy level with ability to take initiative
- Proven reasoning abilities and sound judgment
- Teamwork-oriented with collaborative style
- Windows and MS Office proficiency
- Process-oriented with demonstrated attention to details. Delivering results on time is essential
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences, physical science, chemistry, or engineering discipline or candidate pursuing a degree in the above disciplines
- Experience in molecular biology is desirable
- Relevant experience in the development and/or applications of spectroscopic techniques is highly desirable
- Ideal candidate will have some experience working with routine molecular biology laboratory techniquesAt Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join