Overall duties include the design and development and test of simple-to-complex electrical components, circuits, and systems for instrumentation systems used in the radiation measurement product line.
You will work with Mechanical Designers as s needed for mechanical integration of electronic assemblies (e.g., cabinetry, instrumentation, enclosure design, etc.) to complete projects and tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support qualification type testing including: plan/procedure writing, test supervision, vendor interface, and report writing.
- Be accountable for assigned project deliverables, including product quality and schedule integrity.
- Will be involved with RMA support and troubleshooting, as well as developing procedures for component level and circuit card assembly testing.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to the project team and to management.
- Find and work to remove development and project roadblocks. Troubleshoot technical issues when the need arises, and escalate appropriately as needed.
- Oversee review of product design engineering for compliance with engineering principles, organization standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Work collaboratively with Operations to ensure seamless and successful transition of engineering projects into production.
- Provide support to the Commercial team in evaluating and quoting customer projects.
- Establish an environment where continuous improvement is fundamental to the culture.
- Able to travel as needed to other RM&SI R&D sites, customers and external development partners.
- Other duties as defined within the scope of the position.
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
- BS degree required, with design experience to include a minimum of a capstone project.
- Knowledgeable in technology (e.g., electromechanical devices, instrumentation, embedded systems, analog electronics, etc.), including:
- Analog electronics analysis and design
- Systems analysis and design
- Circuit design and printed circuit board design
- Electronics modeling and assembly
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics (especially analog electronics)
and manufacturing drawings
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join