Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Responsibility for the development of Digital Science software (LIMS, ELN and SDMS) and services business across the assigned territory managing and developing existing customer accounts and driving growth via new business opportunities. The account responsibility may be for one or several, strategic or key accounts, as well as developing accounts. This position carries a sales quota for a specific geographic area.
- Develops existing Digital Science accounts growing the software and services portfolio.
- Successfully prospects for new business across the territory.
- Meets or exceeds the agreed targets for the territory (financial, strategic and tactical)
- Prepares business plans for the territory. Plan should include opportunity map, estimates current and future levels of spending on products and services, sales strategies, tactics and resource requirements.
- Proactively meets with customers throughout the region on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures implementation schedules and support activities are aligned with commitments to customers and to management.
- Responds effectively and promptly to customer requests.
- Manages the contract review process and negotiation.
- Builds commitment and closure at each stage of the sales process.
- Ensures that Management is involved at critical times and during pivotal opportunities. Delegates to other departments as appropriate.
- Conducts, where applicable, quarterly account reviews and updates the account plans on a regular basis to reflect progress and market changes.
- Maintains and updates a list of prospects within a centralized CRM system.
- Works with partners/customers to identify additional prospects.
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way and revenue expectations are met.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments.
- Uses knowledge of the competition in the sales campaign to develop competitive strategies.
- Collaborates with other groups within Thermo to implement appropriate strategies to address business opportunities and overcome obstacles.
- Evidence of 3 to 5 years software sales experience preferably at enterprise level within a scientific domain.
- Scientific or IT degree.
- Account Planning & Customer Management Background.
- Experience in Managing & Forecasting Sales Pipeline.
- Ability to drive new business development activities as well as to negotiate & close sales contracts.
- Fluency in English and German.
- Willingness to travel 50% - 75%.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join