When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a Business Analyst for Thermo Fisher Cloud Platform Engineering team, you partner with Product Management and Product Owners to manage and prioritize requirements for our products to meet customer expectations.
Daily Activities Include:
- Engaging with customers and stakeholders to understand and capture business needs
- Partner with Product Management and Product Owners in managing product backlog, user stories and cross product dependencies
- Meeting with customers to understand their use of the Cloud Platform and translating these requirements to product use cases and scenarios
- Engaging with customers and stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle
- Influence and train internal product development partners on Cloud Platform use and standard user experiences
- Identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the requirements, in conjunction with Product Owners, and communicate those requirements to the development team.
- Participating in agile activities including product demonstrations, retrospectives, backlog grooming and sprint planning
Desired Skills and Required Experience:
- 3+ years' experience in a similar/complementary role
- Experience participating in highly visible projects with Agile project management principles and practices.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and numerous customers and stakeholders with various requirements
- Ability to prioritize work, clarify requirements, and drive user stories to acceptance throughout the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to establish credibility and influence within the internal organization
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering/related field or equivalent experience
- Product Development or IT Projects utilizing Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud technology
- Modern software development practices including scrum, continuous delivery, services, and micro service architecture
- Software-as-a-Service non-functional requirements, security, scalability, fault tolerance, and performance
- Agile scrum and INVEST method of developing user stories
Additional Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Agile Certification
- Proven track record delivering a platform solution in a complex environment
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join