Job Title: Quality Engineer
Requisition ID: 57747BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
You will enable and facilitate the improvement of quality of services and products provided by the Asheville Manufacturing Center of Excellence. You will enhance the Customer Allegiance and drive down the Cost of Quality in complete value chain from supplier to end user of products and services. You will steward and teach scientific approaches including, statistical techniques and Practical Process Improvement methodologies in a “Lean” environment. Measure and report operational performance on Key Business Metrics for assigned suppliers, and products. Travel as necessary, worldwide, to facilitate product transfers, perform root cause analysis, conduct process audits and too enable Continual Improvement. Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
What will you do?
- Enable collaborative relationships with customers, suppliers and internal departments to prevent Quality related wastes.
- Lead a Customer focused Improvement Team (CFIT)
- Teach Process Improvement Tools and routinely coach use of tools.
- Drive supplier quality improvement and measure effectiveness.
- Capture internal and external Quality Performance Data and provide linkage to Process Owners to drive improvement.
- Conduct formal assessments of internal and external processes.
- Provide a continual flow of recommendations to reduce systemic waste.
- Serve as a manufacturing liaison during new product development.
- Engage in harmonizing, maintaining and enhancing the Asheville’s and Marietta’s Quality Management System.
- Some domestic and international travel is required.
- Demonstrate continual self-improvement.
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s Degree required, from an accredited higher learning institution.
- Experience in Quality Engineering or Management Systems is mandatory.
- Experience in manufacturing or refrigerated products or biomedical assessment of refrigerated products is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills including good persuasion skills are a must.
- Formal commitment required to obtain ASQ, Certified Quality Engineer Certification, within 24 months of hire.
- Global travel up to 10%.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join