When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher Clinical Services, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a leading provider of global clinical supply chain. With unwavering commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal responsibility and unrivaled expertise. We are exclusively focused on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labeling, storing, or distributing the important supplies needed to perform clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance, reliability and sustainability standards. http://www.fisherclinicalservices.com/
The Receiving Supervisor will be responsible for training and directing the Receiving personnel assigned to both Schantz and Nestle Way facilities. Provides support for internal and external customers within Fisher Clinical Services (FCS). Assists the Manager Warehouse Operations to meet Supply Chain Department goals. Responsible accuracy, metrics in all receiving processes. Ensure all system transactions are properly completed in a timely way.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles (GMP) in all areas of responsibility while upholding FCS and Quality standards.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision of the 4 I’s: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Demonstrates and promotes Role Model Leadership (RML) and Practical Process Improvements (PPI).
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Updates and maintains all KPI's and matrixes associated with the Schantz and Nestle Way receiving areas. This includes standup meetings and Tier Board processes with receiving teams. Provides supporting Data to the Warehouse Operations Manager upon request.
- Ensures quality is upheld in all phases of receiving processes. This includes facilitating with Quality Assurance on trend analysis to prevent quality escapes.
- Oversees Receiving personnel in receiving goods in a timely /accurate fashion in support of Warehouse, Production and Distribution process to include computer generated and manual records.
- Oversees Receiving personnel in accounting for all inbound materials process to include inspection, accountability, and maintaining inventory systems. Identifies any discrepancies and contacts appropriate departments when found.
- Supervises all phases of the Drug weigh-in process. These processes include Drug Receipt and Identification procedure, Daily Balance Checks, Room Cleaning, Nonconformance Reporting and Employee Gowning Requirements.
- Ensures that receiving personnel perform the following tasks: unloading, unpacking and inspecting deliveries which includes digitally photographing shipments when applicable. Documents the arrival of miscellaneous receipts and delivers to the appropriate departments. Files, organizes, and archives electronic/ hard copies of receiving data as required.
- Ensures product is maintained in multiple Customer based electronic systems, and follows Client operating procedures prior to receiving into the FCS inventory system.
- Ensures that inventory is properly and safely stored. Maintains warehouse and dock area for safety, neatness, and organization. Makes daily inspections of Receiving / Quarantine areas to include cold chain.
- Utilizes all available resources to increase throughput and improve efficiencies for Receiving Department processes. Practices lean and PPI methodologies.
- Identifies discrepancies as they arise, uses problem-solving abilities to solve Inventory and Receipt process accuracy. Reports discrepancies and complaints to Manager, Warehouse Operations.
- Prioritizes work assignments and handles multiple tasks, including problem solving, to ensure all Receiving Department assigned task sets are completed as scheduled.
- Trains all Receiving personnel to increase proficiency and expertise in all Receiving Department functions and processes. Includes tracking personnel to remain qualified on FCS industrial equipment.
- Supervises and evaluates directly reporting personnel.
- Revises/creates SOP’s to incorporate procedural changes for the purpose of overall quality.
- Ensures all Fisher Standard Operating Procedures are followed and all personnel are trained on all required SOP’s.
- Responsible for investigating assigned customer complaints, Unplanned / Planned deviations and associated administrative processes.
- Attends all required management meetings including Process Improvement Teams.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs and these additional tasks are done willingly.
Basic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty.
- A good understanding of math concepts is necessary, which includes decimals, square roots, and percentage yield and temperature conversion.
- Must be competent in all aspects of Receiving Departmental Procedures.
- Must have ability to lead and develop team momentum, enthusiasm, and pride.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Must be forklift certified or have the ability to be certified.
- Must be able to work within enclosed areas, such as a DEA vault or walk-in refrigerator.
- Must not be allergic to penicillin or cephalosporin products.
- Must be able to work within other areas of the warehouse to meet customer requirements.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Must possess leadership skills.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word Outlook and Excel.
Education/ Experience (BMQ):
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of receiving/warehouse experience and a minimum of 5 years supervisory or leadership skills or equivalent.
- Prior pharmaceutical experience or experience in a regulated industry (cGMP) is required
- Lifting minimum 40lbs to maximum 75lbs required.
- Significant amounts of data entry, physical handling of inventory items, getting on and off of forklifts, climbing ladders, pushing and pulling a pallet jack.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join