The Thermo Fisher Scientific Finance Internship Program is a 12 week summer internship program designed for high potential rising juniors and seniors majoring in finance and/or accounting as a feeder program to our full-time Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP). Interns will be matched to a 12 week project based on their skill set combined with the finance business need.
Similar to the Finance Leadership Development Program, our internship program projects are designed to give you real-world finance and accounting experiences and project responsibility in a large organization. In addition to being assigned to a manager and team, you will get additional opportunities to experience our corporate culture with exposure to finance leaders and current FLDPs as well as others in the organization.
As part of this team, you will be assigned to:
- Create and automate GSD $1.5B Daily Revenue Dashboard (Daily Sales Report) in BI application for 6 BU's to be utilized daily by GSD VP of Finance, Division President and 5 General Managers.
- Collaborate with GSD Commercial Finance and BU Finance teams to simplify and optimize exiting DSR report.
- Work with BI applications team to leverage best practices and technical expertise.
- Review, simplify and publish GSD Daily Sales Report
- Automate existing GSD Daily Sales Report in BI application platform with BI IT team
- Present and train BU Finance Leaders on new BI application
- Work with BU Finance Leaders to gain alignment on standard reporting parameters
- Work with BU GM’s to identify appropriate Dash Board Metrics
- Support 6 Business Units for Instruments/Consumables Revenue Reporting
- Support GSD Transformation Revenue Reporting Structure; Platform, Content and Vertical
- All candidates must be a rising collegiate junior or senior (preferred) by summer 2018 and currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in the finance function
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement
- Results oriented through initiative, ownership, and accountability
- Geographical flexibility
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without restriction.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join