When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We seek an experienced Scientist to join our cross-functional team and contribute to the research and development of the semiconductor chip products at the core of our Next Generation Sequencing products and platforms. This role will require mastery of the sensor at the core of our technology and how it interacts both with the CMOS electronics beneath it as well as the sequencing systems and platforms around it. Expected responsibilities include development of new analysis scripts, hands-on characterization, and leveraging those results to deliver the best products for our customers.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, agile, and able to contribute to a wide range of projects concerning the chips themselves and their integration with other systems and platforms. Strong experimental and analytical skills will be required to navigate complexity in our devices and the platforms in which they are utilized. Experience with data analysis tools and programming languages will be an invaluable asset for this role. Collaboration and communication across a wide range of fields will be required, including but not limited to circuit design, semiconductors, electronics, software, engineering, chemistry, and molecular biology.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, or related field (PhD 0-3 years, MS 3+ years, BS 6+ years of experience)
- Programming experience in Python, C++, or related languages
- Basic working knowledge of Linux and command line operations
- Familiarity with CMOS electronics, electrical characterization, and semiconductor fabrication
- At least 2 to 3 years of laboratory experience carrying out experiments and analyzing results, preferably in the semiconductor, DNA sequencing, and/or biotechnology industries
- Strong problem-solving, experimental, and data analysis skills
- Works well with others, especially in multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present experimental design and results to others in a clear, concise, and accurate way
- Strong self-motivation with an independent, self-starter mentality
- Training or experience in solid state physics and/or electronic devices
- Knowledge of next-generation sequencing technologies
- Ability to multitask and rapidly adjust to contribute to new projects
- Other desirable skills include: experimental design, signal processing, and experimental automation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join