The Senior Security Architect has global responsibility for specific security architecture of both enterprise solutions as well as the Cybersecurity team’s enterprise security solutions that provide prevention, detection, and response to security threats.
- Drives the technology strategy and solution architecture for Thermo Fisher’s enterprise solutions and the Cybersecurity team’s information security solutions
- Responsible in defining security controls to protect technological platforms stood up within Thermo Fisher
- Provide risk assessments when it comes to large scale enterprise solutions where architecture must be reviewed for security concerns and/or security controls need to be architected to provide security prevention and detection
- Support security documentation program manager providing SME input into policy, standards and guidelines
- Support the engineering functions of the APAC SOC as needed
- Develop, maintain, and mature a holistic cybersecurity reference architecture for the company – i.e. How do we prevent, detect, and respond to threats?
- Responsible for the creation of a framework to articulate the security strategy to various audiences (senior technology management, other architecture disciplines, application and systems development groups)
- Use of influence skills to obtain buy-in and participation from various groups and stakeholders without direct control.
- Work with staff and management across all levels of the organization.
- Provide subject matter expertise in specialty areas such as Cloud, e-Commerce, IoT, Industry specialty products (i.e. medical devices), Endpoint, Network, and Servers
- Manage the design, development, test, launch, and continuous improvement of the firm’s cybersecurity solutions
- Support peers within the Corporate Information Security Program on things like, but not limited to: process build out, documentation, security risk assessments.
- Ensures excellent consistency, documentation, and process across all programs.
- Collaborates with other IT team managers to ensure consistency, adaptability, responsiveness, and effectiveness of security solutions
- Proactively advise the business on how to maintain security posture
- Occasional on-call support
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Assurance, Security, Management Information Systems, Risk Management or equivalent work experience acceptable
- Relevant technical certificates a plus
- 8+ years of related cybersecurity architecture, engineering, and SOC work experience
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience focusing on business acumen
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Clear command of the English language
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join