This position functions as part of a team of analysts in the Singapore-based Security Operations Center for Thermo Fisher Scientific. Analysts monitor and investigate anomalous network activity and alerts, participate in advanced threat hunting, and triage/mitigate threats.
- Monitoring and analysis of alerts and anomalous network activity
- Initial triage of events/incidents
- Conduct analysis and triage activities
- Implement appropriate mitigations
- Present incident briefs, updates, and associating reports
- Mentor Tier-1 Analysts
- Provide occasional on-call support
- Recommend process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent work experience acceptable
- 4+ years of combined experience in cybersecurity, security engineering and/or architecture, security operations, or related fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must possess excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Clear command of the English language
- Knowledge of Networking (TCP/IP, OSI Model, Wireless, Routing and Switching)
- Experience applying Cyber Security concepts and best practice
- Advanced Knowledge of OS’s (Windows, MAC, Linux variants)
- Advanced understanding of attack vectors
- Excellent organization and communication skills
CSA+, Network+, Security+, GSEC, GCIH, GMON, ECSA or related certification(s) a plus