Services Sales Representative with Spanish & Italian
Main Position Objectives
Responsible for advancing the sales of services and support products by telephone, email and occasional site visits. Telephone selling to a wide range of existing accounts in EMEA, own region and local country. Achieves Orders and Revenues targets. Directly impacts the growth and profitability of services sales through Cold Calling, execution of revenue growth campaigns and new business sales and indirectly through the promotion of upfront services and training sold with instruments.
Works as part of the Services ‘New Business’ team to directly sell a broad range of services to all existing customers to accelerate revenue growth in EMEA and compliment the contract renewal and out of warranty business in support of existing sales territories.
Executes on special campaigns aimed at systematically targeting non-contract customers in EMEA and upsells to contract customers.
Promotes and sells a portfolio of New Services including Training Courses, Bioinformatics Services, Consultancy and Compliance Services to all existing customers. Is able to understand customer workflows and relate customer’s work to services that may help them to be more successful.
Generates a high volume of qualified leads for follow-up by territory sales reps.
Supports the creation of campaigns designed to accelerate revenue growth with contract, non-contract and out of warranty customers in EMEA through the sale of service contracts, instrument upgrades, MDTV, Fixed Price Services.
Works with ‘New Business’ team to develop strategies to significantly grow revenues from small accounts and uses creativity and innovation to propose experimental and pilot schemes for revenue growth across the region and product lines.
Collaborates with and acts as a SPOC for product sales teams to optimise the sale of upfront contracts and training for benchtop devices and supports campaigns designed to grow consumables ‘pull through’ and finds instrument leads.
Accurately forecasts future business on a regular basis. Starts negotiations early by planning activities well in advance and involves relevant functions such as Service Management, Product Sales and others in order to close sales in favour of the company.
Makes best use of available tools to execute plans and track sales status and develops and maintains detailed customer records and ensures the relevant sales tools reflect this information (e.g Sales Forecast & Territory Plans).
Supports and promotes collaboration in the Services Sales team to engender creativity, team work and learning throughout the Services Sales team in the pursuit of revenue growth.
Required Supervision and Requirements
Works within the guidelines from the Services Sales Leader/Manager & from company established guidelines & policies, which may be explicit in writing or implicit with company culture & overall goal statements.
- The right candidate will have a science degree in Biotechnology/Biology or related field to be able to understand and discuss customer workflows and preferably have a minimum of two years telesales experience in a Life Sciences field.
- Strong telesales and communications skills to effectively discuss customer’s needs to recommend and sell services by telephone, email and occasional site visits.
- Strong analytical skills to assess and prioritise sales opportunities and develop sales forecasts.
- The right candidate will also have solid organizational, time management and prioritisation skills.
- As a minimum, they must be able to conduct commercial business in Spanish, Italian and English both oral and written.
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Having a remote manager, they will also need to be able to think on their feet and have the confidence to take the initiative to get the job done.
- Ability to travel and stay away from home occasionally for customer visits or meetings/conferences (typically twice per month maximum).
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join