Thermo Fisher Scientific offers a great opportunity for a life science graduate as Field Application Scientist to start a career in a leading global biotech company supporting our customers.
The position is home office based in Austria, Vienna area.
This position is responsible for the provision of scientific application support and training on capillary electrophoresis sequencing (CE) and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction. Actively supports sales in the achievement of the order plan, by strategic planning and delivery of product line-specific customer support activities (pre- and post-sales) in a timely and professional manner.
The position is field based in Austria with responsibilities within the Central Europe team and with incentive compensation on customer success and satisfaction metrics as well as efficiency.
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments to initiate and validate the use of CE & NGS systems in their laboratories.
- Provide initial training to customers on-site and at Thermo Fisher Customer Experience Centers.
- Provide information to customers regarding applications and related products for the CE & NGS systems, including kits, reagents, and ancillary devices.
- Conduct test procedures to diagnose and resolve product performance problems, including product exchanges, optimization and/or more complex problem solving.
- Provide technical and application assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Provide feedback on product performance in the field and suggested solutions and customer support regarding product performance problems.
- Keep abreast of current and potential activities in the territory on such items such as competitor products and user requirements.
- Assist the regional sales team in the development of accounts, including technical and feasibility meetings. Performs technical seminars and presentations that promote the use of the product.
- Continuously updates scientific knowledge for support of customers, sales and service on the leading edge of technology.
- Communicates effectively within team to enhance others knowledge
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Requires minimum Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in Molecular Biology, Engineering, Microbiology or equivalent experience.
- Requires several years of previous laboratory experience to include expertise in techniques related to Molecular Biology products with related instruments and applications background (NGS, Capillary Electrophoresis).
- Experiences and knowledge of Thermo Fisher Scientific NGS and CE Systems preferred.
- Requires knowledge and expertise in customer facing interactions, e.g. solving technical and workflow related issues, performing troubleshooting and proven a strong customer centric approach.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical with particular emphasis on interface experience with customers.
- Previous industrial experience in regard to the operation of molecular biology equipment and associated reagents with molecular biology experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Fluent English and German required
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience and expertise in Bioinformatics.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join