The Clinical Trials Division (BSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific is focused on providing end to end clinical trial solutions for our customers. We don’t specialize in any particular therapy – we support them all. Our customers range from small biotech/pharmaceutical startups to large pharmaceutical companies who focus on R&D and prefer to outsource supporting services for the execution of clinical trials across the globe. We have the industry’s largest global footprint of FDA cGMP facilities and regional hubs strategically located around the globe so we can be where our customers need us - we provide the full suite of services in each of those hubs so that we can get the right medication to the right patient on time.
- Meet or exceed the sales goals for the North America territory.
- Develop, attain approval, and implement specific account sales strategies and tactics designed to support the achievement of sales goals. This includes the prioritization of accounts, identification of decision-makers, contact frequency, sales tools, events (trade shows and vendor fairs), etc.
- Provide clinical ancillary management technical support for Fisher Clinical Services project managers and supply chain managers.
- Manage client expectations by involving other Fisher Clinical Services personnel such as Client Services, Package Design, Engineering, IT and/or Operations in order to build a horizontally integrated relationship that capitalizes on the technical talent and knowledge base within Fisher Clinical Services.
- Negotiate with customers providing proposals, quotations, and agreements that are properly reviewed and authorized.
- Provide regular activity reports and review actual sales performance against plan with sales director. Where shortfalls exist, recommend and discuss alternative strategies and tactics.
- Provide suggestions for new services or areas of technology for Fisher Clinical Services that are in concert with the business strategy.
- Participate in training and development opportunities in order to maintain competency and to stay abreast of the latest clinical supplies technology.
- Participate in the Fisher Clinical Services performance management process completing a self-assessment, participating in the appraisal interview and suggesting development activities.
- Observe Fisher Clinical Services company policy and Fisher Clinical Services SOP’s and makes recommendations for improving the effectiveness of policies and procedures, where appropriate.
- Accept other sales related duties as assigned and agreed upon.
To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, or ability required.
Education/ Experience (BMQ):
- Minimal requirements include a BS/BA or equivalent in business or the sciences with 5 years of related sales experience. Preferably, this experience includes ancillary supplies procurement and delivery supporting the clinical research process. Secondary fields are pharmaceutical, medical devices and life sciences.
- Proven track record of selling to the clinical research industry in ancillary or related study support areas preferred.
- Demonstrated competency with software tools used for internal and external communications such as the Microsoft Office, Sales Force.com, Outlook etc.
- A valid drivers license is required.
Supervisory Responsibility: Not Applicable
Internal contact at all levels of Fisher Clinical Services. Will work with guidance from Fisher Clinical Services Ancillary Management Leadership and Fisher Clinical Services Sales. A successful candidate will have an extensive network in the Clinical Supply Professional area, preferably in multiple geographies.
External contacts with all Fisher Clinical Services customers. Must be able to present Fisher Clinical Services capabilities and negotiate for position. This position requires superior communication, analytical, and problem solving abilities. Sound administrative skills and well developed management skills with proven ability to close a sale is required.
Ability and/or Skills (BMQ):
- Ideally, possesses an understanding of and have expertise in the field of clinical supply chain management and ancillary materials including experiences in managing complex clinical trials with regards to their supply chain.
- If sales in clinical supply chain management are not available, must have sales experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical, medical device or life science industry.
- Exemplary communication skills,skills and conceptual skills
- Strong Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and self-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to change
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, project management skills, accuracy and attentiveness to details
- Ability to identify problems and work toward a solution
- Strong financial management skills
- Strong people management skills are critical to this position
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and additional hours as required.
Up to 35% overnight travel required. Intellectual and psychologically challenging situations where critical decisions must be made. International travel may also be required.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join