Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and over 57,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Within the European Sales Support team, this role is responsible for LSMS products within Europe for Biopharma, with focus on Central.
The role entails acquiring, maintaining and sharing expertise and best practices with the rest of the sales support organization and the sales teams for Biopharma. Participation is expected in product demonstrations, sales calls, technical advice and training to sales colleagues, customer visits, application development, scientific events, customer support, customer product focused training and field marketing within EMEA for Biopharma.
The Application Expert is expected to be a market-focused, instrument and applications LSMS specialist, working ‘hands-on’ in Thermo Fisher Scientific labs or at a customer sites, as well as working with our factory and marketing teams to develop and implement programs, promotions and new LSMS product introductions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- An Application Expert has the responsibility to collect, collate, keep up to date and distribute information relevant to their product or market responsibility, in this case LSMS / Biopharma
- Responsible for active participation in the Central European product sales support team and to achieve their identified goals and participate in achievement of the team goals primarily by a process of application area knowledge and leadership, best practice development and sharing, technical advice to sales support and sales assistance to sales colleagues
- Provides high quality and effective pre- and post-sales support working closely and primarily with factory based product and vertical marketing teams, other CMD product lines, service and sales. When developing or acquiring best practices and applications will ensure that methods developed and best practices are shared with other members of the matrix team, the responsible sales support managers and other related functional teams
- Ensures support activities are provided in a prioritized way to VIP and seed unit customers in a timely manner while focussing on customer satisfaction and on a continually improving customer relationship leading to future business opportunities with the customer. In a matrix organisation, responsible for customer satisfaction for LSMS for Biopharma. Must work extremely closely with sales and service
- Must make daily use of SalesForce.com (SFDC) to track activities which must be linked to opportunities so as to develop comprehensive knowledge of prospects and customers and Thermo Fisher Scientific’s interactions with them
- Responsible to ensure best practice in Thermo Fisher Scientific customer demonstration labs, working jointly with Sales Support Managers, in the performance of top-class Biopharma customer demonstrations and delivery of demo reports, application methods and apps notes, customer training and other activities. Close cooperation with other product lines is required to make best use of available resources and customer requirements
- Responsible to co-develop and adapt relevant marketing and sales collateral by monitoring demos and apps projects and sharing such work/results with responsible product line marketing organisation. Should endeavour to produce pan-CMD and pan Thermo Scientific collateral in addition to designated product line
- Works closely with Sales Support Expert, Training and Customer Support, Europe
- Responsible to collect and communicate market intelligence and VOC information obtained during customer demonstrations, in the field and by other professional means
- Responsible for identifying training needs and coordinating the delivery of training to the sales support organisation and sales team for LSMS/Biopharma and ensuring that their capabilities and competencies meet the needs and requirements of the sales support team for this market. Works closely with the sales support experts, factories, vertical and sales training director, as appropriate
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar. Ph.D.
- Excellent relevant product line knowledge with several years hands-on LC/MS experience at a European laboratory preferably with Orbitrap instruments would be preferably
- Biopharma knowledge/experience clearly advantageous
- Experience in a Biopharma company would be ideal
- Solid knowledge in protein/biochemistry- focused applications is mandatory
- Ability to understand customer needs and translate these into relevant applications and training
- Very good knowledge in German and English (written & spoken) is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong self-organizational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Driving License
- Willingness to travel extensively mainly within the appointed region but frequently throughout Europe
- Ability and Willingness to travel: above 50%
- Additional EU Language skills are a positive asset
- Due to the high travel, living near to an international airport is advantageous
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Extremely strong Customer Focus skills
- The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets and develop strategies and tactics to grow the relevant portion of the business
- Must be flexible and prepared to undertake tasks as required
- A high level of interpersonal and organizational skills
We are looking forward to receive your application. Please refer to the above Job ID and include your salary expectations as well as your period of notice.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join