Sr. Director, Information Technology – Clinical Diagnostics Division
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Sr. Director, Information Technology, sets the long term strategic direction and executes short term information technology plans for the Clinical Diagnostics Division of ThermoFisher Scientific. In addition, the incumbent will be expected to take a Specialty Diagnostics Group-wide leadership coordination position for IT related initiatives across the commercial operations within North America with an emphasis on better serving our large Integrated Delivery Networks and Group Purchasing Organization accounts. This role forms key partnerships with business leaders to evaluate business opportunities, provide guidance on the best ways to leverage IT to further their business goals and gives leadership to the IT staff who implement the development, design and optimization of related systems.
- Acts as a key member of the divisional leadership teams
- Determines priorities with business and champions business programs in partnership
- Partners with the Specialty Diagnostics Group IT VP to translate business strategy and plans into an IT roadmap that meets these needs of Clinical Diagnostics while optimizing the technology investment across the division/group
- Drives IT aspects of key business initiatives in regards to integration of new acquisitions, ERP migration to SAP, regulatory improvements and other projects as they become prioritized
- Works with Shared Services and local IT development team to provide leadership in the implementation of company approved enterprise systems and application software
- Retain, develop talent focused on business transformation and process optimization
- Assures budgets and schedules are met
- Complies with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures, Regulatory and compliance needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with experience in Information Technology and a functional discipline of sales operations, supply chain, manufacturing or finance
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of delivering sustainable business results
- Proven experience working within a matrixed, complex organization
- Strategic experience supporting a business using SAP, Saleforce.com & Master Control
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding capacity to make decisions or recommendations based on potentially incomplete information
- Ability to partner & quickly understand the business need and to translate this to actionable IT solutions
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong project management skills and understanding of project management lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both a business context and an IT context
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Demonstrated background of working in a healthcare regulated environment
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Broad operational experience in a large company environment with a deep understanding of IT
- 5-10 years of experience leading teams in business transformation
- Strong attention to detail
This position has been approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.