When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Greater Iowa City Area
Frequent travel to customer sites is required and ranges from 25-75% of work time. Works both in home office as well as in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 40 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts, and possibly weekends.
What will you do?
- Provides onsite installation of instruments, upgrades, updates, repairs, and planned maintenance service.
- Displays professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness, and technical knowledge in all customer interactions.
- Achieves specified revenue targets while satisfying customer from instrument repair, installs and PM’s.
- Achieves customer satisfaction (CAS) targets as specified annually.
- Interacts with customers to offer and close the sale of service contracts and other service products.
- Collaborates with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes.
- Follows all reporting responsibilities of Remote Service Dispatch (RSD), Escalation, Field Problem Report (FPR) and Field Service Report (FSR) submissions.
- Is familiar with and follow policies that pertain to the handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns, physical count, car stock management, etc.
- Executes Qualification & Validation Products at customer sites.
- Maintains their technical competency level servicing new instrument and problems by attending trainings, staff meetings and remaining up to speed on new products, markets, customers and competitors.
- Manages travel expenses and follows Thermo Fisher Scientific travel policies and guidelines.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) performs customer installs, repairs and preventative maintenance on a variety of instruments in assigned territory. The FSE positively interacts with customers to solve technical problems and identify areas to improve their work. The FSE also looks for opportunities increase revenues by providing more services to the customer.
How will you get here?
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering, microbiology, biology, chemistry or an engineering field.
- Preferably a master’s level degree
- Experience in a related science, biomedical engineering and/or customer-facing role.
- Experience in a clinical, diagnostic and/or other regulated environment (CAP, CLIA, FDA) is desirable.
- Experience in related product applications and instruments a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Uses effective questioning to identify customer needs
- Exercises judgment setting work priorities and identifies next steps
- Requires minimal oversight
- Participates as a positive influence to the team
- Quickly adapts to change with positive and constructive feedback
- Aptitude for learning and understanding IT systems and processes a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join