Position Summary: as part of the Latin America Marketing team, the Marketing Analyst will assist in the identification, preparation, creation and production of marketing programs in various market segments, implement digital marketing tactics as the backbone of these programs, assist in the coordination of business events and meetings, support managing trade shows, conferences and workshops sponsored by the company, assist in prospecting new customers and after-sales opportunities, support sales leadership team by organizing and issuing lead-sharing reports, support market research and competitor analysis, carry out cost control (marketing department), help organizing and execute plans of the Division.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support marketing communications strategy and businesses growth goals. Ensure promotions focus on the benefits to customers of using Thermo Scientific products and services.
- Deploy “digital first” strategy ensuring all digital marketing tactics are in place and supporting the programs in the country and extended region.
- Develop e-marketing programs including external search engine optimization programs, electronic ad banners, e-directories (for listing product information) and regular e-newsletters to customers and prospects to drive traffic to the website
- Control and monitor Mexico marketing communications budget for CAD. Work with the BU marcom personnel to ensure budgets are within the targets for the overall BU and Regional marketing budgets.
- Adopt business-unit product campaigns and value propositions, as appropriate, and adapt for the local markets; support new product launch campaigns and prepare localized campaign.
- Organize tradeshow and seminar activities. Monitor the effectiveness of trade shows and analyze opportunities for new events.
- Coordinate the translation, review and production of print collateral as well as e-newsletters, web sites and further digital features
- Support public relations activities externally, in conjunction with Thermo Fisher guidelines.
- Work with appropriate division and corporate personnel to ensure company brand standards are being consistently and uniformly applied in all marketing communication activities.
- Develop relationship with marketing and communication suppliers coordinating bidding processes, assuring quality standards as well as brand guidelines application.
- Coordinate internal communications and report on key topics to Mexico and Latin America team supporting Town Hall Meetings, sales trainings and events pre-show briefing sessions
Qualifications (Education, Experience and Key Competencies):
- University degree in marketing communications, business administration or related field. Master degree is a plus
- 3-5 years of marketing experience in a business-to-business environment, preferably for a global company. Industrial markets should include one or more of the following: mining, steel, cement, chemical, petroleum, food and beverage.
- Fluent English and Spanish language speaking and writing skills.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and internet. Knowledge of CRM and contact management databases is a plus.
- Availability to travel to tradeshows and other events; international travel to other Thermo Fisher locations; approximately 20% of travel is required
- Ability to communicate persuasively and with clarity
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrixed environment to reach agreement and gain support for strategies
- Strong work ethics, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines in a timely and cost effective manner
- Superior interpersonal/relationship skills
- Intercultural skills and experience a plus along with strong customer orientation