Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Technical Software Support Specialist
Reports To: Manager, European Chromotography Software Support
Group/Division: AIG/Informatics & Chromatography Software BU
Career Band: 6
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: Altrincham, UK
Senior Technical Software Support Specialist will provide technical support for Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Software products to customers within Thermo Fisher and externally. This will include: Request ownership from receipt to resolution and closure, adherence to escalation procedures, customer service level agreements, implementation and support of customized customer specific solutions
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Technical Software Support Specialist will manage assigned customer support requests in a professional and efficient manner. Ensuring the information for investigation and resolution is accurate and complete. The request response and resolution will be measured against the service level agreements. Customer’s may be both external to Thermo Fisher or other organisations with the company.
- Building working relationships with other departments of Thermo Fisher Scientific CMD, is extreamly important, to ensure integration and visibility of the technical software support team, particularly within the software development and product teams. The Technical Software Support Specialist analyst will be comfortable with building constructive working relationships.
- In order to maintain pace with technological advances, the Technical Software Support Specialist will proactively learn new technologies related to areas of assigned expertise as well as the supported software products. Training courses and time will be provided to learn the technologies. Learned information should be shared by the Technical Software Support Specialist through documentation or presentations.
- As the owner of support requests, the Technical Software Support Specialist will be the intermediary between customer and Thermo Fisher or the software product organisisation to ensure mutually beneficial resolutions. Ensuring that the correct expectations are set, managing the response timelines and actions for the request. The Technical Software Support Specialist will be comfortable making critical or overdue request actions visible to direct managers and escalating when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
The Technical Software Support Specialist will have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, experience of the Windows Server platform, Network communication concepts and relational database applications are an advantage. The specialist will be expected to have a basic understanding of chromatographic software and the chromatography or mass spectrometry instrumentation, experience of these in an industrial laboratory setting is advantageous. As a international company, the Technical Software Support Specialist will be expected to work independently to complete tasks, including travel nationally and internationally upto a maximum 20% to attend customer facilities, training or meetings. The ability to speak English and a second language is advantageous.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- BSc or above in Computer Science, Mathematics, Chemistry or related field
- Above three years technical experience in the software arena
- Comfortable with working in a dynamic, flexible environment.
- Excellent & attentive listener
- Tenacious problem solver
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join