Director, Global Market Development
Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Waltham
- Achieve annual business unit revenue goals and marketing expense budget.
- Work closely with the VP of Market Development, VP/GM and other senior marketing leaders to define a vision for market growth, design business unit strategies to actively pursue new market opportunities and develop marketing plans to grow the business globally.
- Lead the creation and implementation of focused and prioritized growth strategies for the business unit working collaboratively with Group, Division and BU marketing and product colleagues.
- Lead the work in a matrix environment to develop customer centric global marketing programs and tools that are differentiated and provide increased, measurable value to targeted customer segments, aligned to the growth strategies.
- Demonstrate cohesive leadership, build high performing work teams, implement and manage productive operating mechanisms to ensure team alignment, strong communication and on time, measureable marketing results for the business unit.
- Coordinate with the cross divisional marketing team to ensure visibility, transparency and alignment, as well as sharing of best practices to enhance success.
- Owns the BU campaign goals and objectives, and reviews and revises programs to maximize member adoption and program utilization.
- Accountable to achieve KPI targets as mutually established with the business and regularly reports to Executive and Senior Management on target performance
- Work closely with regional marketing teams to build and execute marketing programs within their region.
- At least 10 years in a marketing role that includes demonstrated experience, successfully implementing marketing plans across channels.
- Mastery of knowledge and leadership in the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, customer segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
- Effectiveness in this role requires excellent listening skills, the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing, and a general knowledge of operating plans as well as industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- This position requires a very team-oriented approach and interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel. Experience with matrixed marketing organization is a plus
- Experience in marketing in a highly technical field or scientific environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business desired. Background in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline is a plus. M.B.A. preferred
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join