About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
How will you make an impact?
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $19 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. With our scale and the variety of our business lines, when you join our team, you may work on the kind of complex projects you can’t find anywhere else.
The Sr. Finance Manager, FP&A provides analytical and technical support for RSD and CCG Shared Services FP&A teams. Responsible for driving business decisions through effective analysis and communication with Senior Management and the Customer Channels Group leadership team.
What will you do?
Our Finance team contributes ideas that fuel our performance and advance company-wide strategy. Finance is directly linked to the health of Thermo Fisher Scientific, and our work allows our business and functional leaders to make the educated, sound decisions that drive our mission and make us a stable, trusted organization. As a Sr. Finance Manager, you and your direct report will provide analytical support for the FP&A teams in our Research and Safety Division and Customer Channels Group Shared Services by:
Develop and utilize proactive, early indicator reporting metrics to communicate financial risk or opportunities to senior management
- Coordinating with all levels of management to gather, analyze, and communicate recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, and operating forecasts to ensure optimal business decisions
Partner with key stakeholders to solicit feedback to develop and implement step level improvements to enhance efficiency and productivity of reporting
- Improve on tools utilized by site management to run business; Recommend and implement corrective actions
- Prepares monthly financials for presentation by Group President at Corporate Leadership Meetings.
- Leads the process timeline, management, and consolidation of the annual operating plan, quarterly business reviews, and monthly business reviews
- Prepares monthly/quarterly financial reports including expense monitoring and close responsibilities
- Co-leads 5 year strategic plan financial process – includes driving compliance, template creation, consolidation, producing financial package
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual supplemental reporting for Corporate and Audit
- Partner with the PPI/Productivity leader to develop initiatives and track achievement analytics
- Working capital, measured cash flow, capital, and headcount analysis and other ad hoc analysis as requested
- Produces and manages Finance Town Hall presentations
- Perform ROI financial analysis/justifications of projects, utilizing advanced financial modeling to ensure appropriate resource allocation and return on investment
How will you get here?
- You have a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant area; MBA or CMA/CPA/CFA preferred
- You have at least 7-10 years of progressive finance experience; previous supervisory experience preferred
- Strong business acumen and ability to lead outside the construct of finance
- Demonstrated success driving streamlined budget planning, strategic planning, and performance reporting processes
- You possess advanced analytical capabilities with proven financial modeling skills utilizing MS Excel, MS Access, Oracle / Hyperion
- You can communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with senior management
- You thrive in a matrixed environment and have the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams
- You keep an eye toward continuous improvement with a successful track record of optimizing processes
- You can juggle multiple projects and execute them successfully
- Demonstrated success attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining high-potential talent
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.