The Fine Chemical Products business is entering an incredible period of growth, and the Specialty Chemical Services (SCS) function will play a key role to deliver a world-class single point of contact customer experience. The Team Lead, Project Associate will serve as the Team Lead for the Ward Hill site to increase the Fine Chemical Products portfolio growth.
The Team Lead, Project Associate will report to the Manager, SCS Project Management to support the delivery of customized chemical solutions that meet/exceed customer satisfaction through successful multi-functional execution.
Specific duties include:
- Provide guidance for the SCS Ward Hill team to maximize achievement of sales opportunities to achieve budgeted revenue for the Fine Chemical Products portfolio.
- Build strategic partnership with key customers and identify suitable suppliers for new account development.
- Acts as a liaison between the Manager, SCS Project Management, the Ward Hill team and other cross functional teams to enhance collaboration that meet/exceed customer satisfaction.
- Adopt the standardized Specialty Chemicals Services/Sales/Account Management workflow, processes and resources to enable scalable growth.
- Utilize FDC (Salesforce.com) CRM integration to manage 100% of customer accounts and as the primary means of communication to the commercial team, business unit and other stakeholders to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for internal stakeholders in giving advisory support on Fine Chemical Products sourcing partnership.
- Creates and presents regular Ward Hill sales analysis.
- Establish, maintain and develop a primary network of direct sourcing partners and customer relationships.
- Build effective relationships by providing timely and accurate information, to build customer allegiance.
- Evaluate and facilitate changes to business processes and workflow to deliver maximum productivity and effectiveness.
- Ensure adoption of processes, policies, practices or procedures
- Assists team to identify the reliable source for products and build a long term relationship to help meet our customer expectations as well as to grow business.
• Works closely with Manger, SCS Project Management to gain share market, product application and pricing information to become #1 supplier for research chemicals.
• Performs special assignments or duties as delegated or assigned.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
- At least 3 years of practical experience with chemical products management, sourcing, procurement, supply chain, chemical market analytics.
- Exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills with the ability to gain consensus and facilitate decision making within a matrix environment.
- Ability to influence multiple personnel in multiple functions without direct supervisory role in a matrix environment.
- Organizational skills, ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously; Good time management skills.
- Analytical capability and experience to critically examine local processes, and isolate opportunities for improvement.
- Resourceful and motivated; demonstrates ability to find ways to get the job done.
- High energy level with ability to embrace and model the Thermo Fisher Scientific values of Intensity, Integrity, Innovation and Involvement and demonstrate Role Model Leadership with strengths in the core competencies.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills plus demonstrate strong leadership capabilities.
- Computer skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Power Point, Word, Excel), familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator is a plus; effective compositional skills.
- Requires a B.S. or B.A. in a biological science, such as molecular biology, or chemistry or similar discipline.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join