Job Title: Senior Manager, Instrument Sales
Location: Remote, USA- within reasonable proximity to the territory
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
The scope of this position is to manage, control and assure profitability of the team’s Analytical Instrument Sales within the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD). This includes the direct supervision, development and training of the direct field sales representatives within a sales region, as well as responsibility for problem account management, coordinated order bookings, expenses and customer satisfaction.
What is the territory?
The Geographical area under management is; Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Indiana, and parts of North Carolina and Ohio.
How will you make an impact?
- Manage and direct the activities of all field Chromatography and Elemental sales representatives.
- Meet or exceed the Regional order-booking budget.
- Ensure that the sales team customer satisfaction objectives are met or exceeded.
- Implement all field sales policies and procedures with regards to resource management, account maintenance and management, and Sales operation.
- Resolve problem customer accounts with the timely and efficient use of regional resources to include local Service support (i.e. managers and reps) and the Division’s resources such as product support, applications, marketing and engineering.
- Ensure accuracy of customer database and reliability statistics.
- Establish and implement regional business plan on an annual basis.
- Assist other regional sales managers to select, hire and train new field sales representatives.
- Help develop team members for future growth via knowledge, skills and experiences.
- Independently negotiate sales contracts for single and multiple institutions as the needs dictate.
- Lead/participate in project teams as identified to improve business performance.
How will you get there?
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4-year BS, BA degree, preferably in a science discipline
- 3+ years leading a sales team, preferably
- 5+ years field sales experience, preferably with analytical instruments
- Proven ability to work/understand corporate culture, and navigate effectively
- Has a solid understanding of Chromatography instruments and the competitive landscape
- Experience achieving challenging sales targets with accurate forecasting and solid sales fundamentals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel at least 50%, including overnight travel
- Exhibits coaching/counseling ability skill set
- Team player
- Consistently follows up on items/tasks
- People motivator
- Performs consistently under pressure
- Consistent ability to effectively analyze detail
- Demonstrates consistent decisiveness (independent action)
- Always handles pressure/disappointment professionally
- Proven/developed leadership ability/credibility
- Customer/business-oriented (satisfaction)
- General understanding of sales financials
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join