When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Provide technical support and consultation to service personnel and customers, primarily in North American marketplace but occasionally to the rest of the World. The position will specifically be supporting LCMS quantitative analysis for the LS/MS and Proteomics market, primarily using Triple Quadruple Mass Spectrometers coupled with multiplexing HPLC. This is a high demand market segment that requires support by highly experienced and confident personnel. Remote diagnostics and troubleshooting using the Device Relationship Management (DRM) system must be used effectively to ensure minimal disruption to these customer’s analytical needs, and speedy resolution whenever problems appear.
What will you do?
- Provide technical support via phone or electronically to customers, external and internal, involving hardware, software and operation.
- Maintain highly accurate records in the service database for compliance regulations.
- Provide basic application support for internal and external customers.
- Promote and sell aftermarket products for the service organization
- Assist in developing and implementation of plans to improve technical services and capabilities while working towards corporate/individual revenue and customer allegiance goals.
- Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Marketing and Field Sales Engineers. Provide feedback to factory personnel for product improvements.
- Strive to increase customer satisfaction on a daily basis
- All other duties as assigned by Technical Support Manager and/or Supervisor
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field required. MS or PhD preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field required. MS or PhD preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years hands-on experience with BS degree, 2-4 years of hands-on experience with MS degree or 1 year hands-on experience with PhD.
- Previous experience with LC/MS and/or HPLC (preferably Triple Quadruple Mass Spectrometers) required.
- Previous laboratory or similar experience required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people and have strong interpersonal skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Detailed understanding of Windows based software, networking and PC hardware.
- Ability to prioritize multiple high priority activities (tech support calls, training, travel, service calls and other group needs) and establish realistic schedules to meet requirements.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Independently resolve difficult customer problems.
- Ability to travel 15% of the time for business purposes
- May be asked to be on-call for after-hours phone support (as needed)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join