As an integral part of the Genetic Sciences Division Finance team, the Sr. Finance Manager, will primarily be responsible for financial support of the Human Identification Business Unit (BU). This involves partnering with the VP/GM of the business to support growth and manage business profitability. This role will be the lead for managing and driving all finance and accounting activities across the business which includes consolidating, forecasting, and reporting on the business unit financial performance. This role will report into the VP of Finance, GSD and be located in South San Francisco, California.
- Develop and direct the execution of annual budgeting, long range planning and forecasting processes.
- Monitor and communicate progress toward achievement of financial objectives; oversee monthly Profit and Loss (P&L) reviews; identify trends driving positive and negative variances to plan
- Oversee month end accounting activities, variance analysis and creation of business review packages.
- Partner cross-functionally to provide financial guidance on project/cost accounting, contract analysis, pricing strategy, and business alternatives to improve overall business performance.
- Lead finance support for new product development and M&A activities
- Evaluate capital investment requests for appropriate capital deployment to maximize business return.
- Provide coaching and guidance to direct report in support for career development.
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or other business related disciplines (MBA a plus)
- 7+ years of experience
- Diagnostics, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Systems experience: COGNOS, Hyperion Essbase and Smart View, SAP, E1.
- Business modeling and forecasting, including strong understanding of pricing models, sales trends, financial statements and financial system structures
Key Success Factors:
- Enthusiasm to work as a team player and leader.
- Applies strong technical and analytical skills to influence strategic business decisions.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Confidence to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Minimal travel requirement for site visits, less than 10%
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join