Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently seeking a CDS Sales Specialist to drive Enterprise CDS (eCDS) business across the respective region. The role will focus on enterprise projects for our Chromeleon Chromatography Data System. Chromeleon is a premier Chromatography Data System (CDS) which controls over 400 different LC, IC, and GC instruments and accessories from more than 30 manufacturers, with full bi-directional communication, extensive command options, and detailed event tracking. Chromeleon CDS provides instrument control, data analysis, reporting and compliance-readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives commercial sales of eCDS across the respective region
- Provides pre-sales technical support to the respective field sales organization and local third party agencies
- Provides training and coaching to the respective commercial team to encourage development of the eCDS business
- Develops services team domain knowledge of Chromeleon eCDS by offering training, coaching and general technical assistance
- Provides pre-/post-sales training, technical and installation support to Chromeleon enterprise customers as required.
- Works closely with the Chromatography field sales and Sales Support groups to encourage hardware sales in Chromeleon enterprise environments.
- Successfully implements the division’s products to customers’ needs.
- Identifies and interprets customers’ process requirements (both from an instrument perspective and process communication protocols), shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Influences preparation and presents technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Serves as asset to the division by providing feedback on contact with process customers.
- Functions as a business person, aware of and responsive to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- Is responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them.
- Drafts technical bidding proposal for process instrument applications and coordination of process system integration.
- Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition especially in process instrumentation.
- Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Decision Making Authority
- Has strategic account management within the scope of the specific tailored systems market.
- Arranges services schedule with customer base.
- Arranges technical support with the customer base.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent required.
- 5+ years sales experience selling enterprise software and/or capital equipment in the pharma/bio-pharma market preferred
- Extensive experience in chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing process and implementation of process instrumentation and process control.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills.
- Accurate forecasting ability.
- Willingness to travel throughout respective region (up to 70%) and globally.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- In-depth understanding of the professional selling process.
- Chromeleon expertise is an asset
- Broad business scope
- Understanding of the sale and implementation of enterprise software solutions
- Experience with Windows network environments
- Knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle databases is preferred.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication.
- Skill of preparing bidding proposals for process instrument applications.
- Effective time utilization
- Effective troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility and creativity
- Effective “listener”
- Customer focused
- Goal oriented.
- High level of integrity/credibility.
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism/suggestions.
- Open to positive change.
- Handles pressure/disappointment professionally.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join