Job Title: Director, EU Sourcing
No of direct reports: 4-6
Travel requirements: 50%
Preferred location: Budapest.
We can also consider individuals based in the following locations as next best locations:
Brno, Czech Republic
The Director, EU Sourcing is responsible for establishing and maintaining the core European supplier network to meet the diverse needs of our European sites. As part of a large matrix organization, the Director EU Sourcing will understand the outsourcing needs of European business leaders and develop/execute sourcing strategies to meet those needs. In partnership with global and group/division sourcing teams, the EU Sourcing team will ensure business needs are met while optimizing supply assurances, quality, service, cost and innovation. The Director EU Sourcing will need to build a strong functional organization, recruiting and managing a team of 5-10 FTEs, establishing best practices, negotiating contracts with preferred suppliers, and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Partner with business leaders in Europe to understand their outsourcing business requirements and develop/execute sourcing strategies to meet them.
- Meet the near-term objectives for both the businesses supported (supply assurance, quality, cost), while making progress on strategic department objectives.
- Meet key sourcing objectives: spend under management, spend under contract, savings, supplier consolidation, and supplier performance.
- Following strategic sourcing practices, establish and maintain a network of European suppliers including supplier selection, contract negotiations and supplier relationship management.
- Using category management practices, maintain a current portfolio of categories that evaluate key risks and opportunities and a pipeline of projects to manage them.
- Maintain awareness of European market trends and provide actionable insights to business and sourcing leaders.
- Ensure alignment of European sourcing objectives with global, regional and group/division sourcing teams.
- Identify, qualify and transition to low cost region suppliers using a “Total Cost of Ownership” analysis to aid in decision making.
- Monitor supplier quality and delivery performance; escalate issues and drive root cause analysis and corrective action when improvement is required.
- Define and implement joint TFS/Strategic Supplier NPI/NPD in region
- Manages a team of 5-10 FTEs, primarily sourcing category leaders
- Develops processes and systems to maintain a functioning organization that routinely imports and develops talent that can grow within function or out to the broader organization.
- Minimum10 years Sourcing, Purchasing and Materials Management experience in multiple types of manufacturing environments. This includes supplier evaluation and management.
- Minimum 5 years managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline.
- Expertise with MS Office, ERP systems
- Fluent in English
- Office location: Budapest, Hungary
- Travel requirements: up to 50%.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- APICS certification.
- C.P.M or SPMS certification or equivalent.
- Demonstrated strategic sourcing capability, including category management, spend analysis, market assessments, sourcing strategy development, RFx processes, negotiations and supplier relationship management.
- Demonstrated success driving change in a large, matrixed organization, including building organizations from the ground up.
- Demonstrated success reducing material costs, shortening supplier delivery lead times and improving supplier quality performance.
- Training and experience with continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving year over year results.
- Complete understanding of supply chain metrics and the ability to use them to drive performance.
- Solid interpersonal, communications, self-motivation, self-directed and analytical skills. Influencing without authority skills will be critical in this capacity.
- Computer skills including ERP/MRP and Microsoft Office applications. Advanced skills including coding and use of translational databases is a plus.
- Ability to successfully work in a matrixed global business.
- Knows how diverse manufacturing businesses work and related regulatory environments; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, etc.
- Acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Sets strategy and champions change within the organization.
- Excellent influence skills to impact change with peer roles and operations leaders throughout the divsion.