Operate laboratory equipment such as Hamilton's, Bravos, plate sealers, labelers, dryers, centrifuge and other automated equipment used in the processing of TaqMan® Array Cards, Plates and Pools including the Custom-Custom TAPP processes.
- Perform direct labor to produce and/or qualify oligos, Arrays, plates, tubes and kits as per manufacturing specifications.
- Operate laboratory equipments which may include but not limited to DNA synthesizers, Biomek 2Ks, Hamilton Stars, Bravos, plate sealers, genevacs, centrifuge, labelers, dryers and other automated equipment used in the Array manufacturing labs.
- May also involve column cleavage & deprotection , sequence identification by Mass Spectrometry using ABI Voyagers. Requires good understanding of MES and use of Calcs, macros and other manufacturing systems such as GOAST, OASIS, SAP, TLDA DB and other applicable systems.
- Be able to follow instructions/ SOPs for Standard and Custom Custom orders including Custom Plating and Pools.
- Performs equipment troubleshooting, preventive maintenance activities such as Technique calibration, Performance Path checks and other TPM requirements for the different mfg. equipment.
- Performs manual pipetting, pouching, plating, tubing and labeling.
- Performs highly repetitive tasks
- Prepare QC runs by pipetting, aliquoting reagents, formulation, and running QC instruments such as the 7900, Step-Ones, robotics, Quant Studion and other QC instruments.
- Involves functional testing, data gathering, analysis and troubleshooting. Involves timely metric gathering & reporting.
- Writes reports (i.e. PR, tickets) on any processing deviation or issues. Review CAPAS and work on resolutions for any internal/ external audit non-conformances and 6S snags.
- Should be able to read and follow SOPs, adhere to the business and safety policies and procedures.
- Involves working with chemicals and use of hoods.
- Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, LEAN mfg. environment and follow the lean manufacturing concepts.
- This position may also include working with a Kaizen team or workshops to identify gaps in the process, provides feedback, contributes ideas for process improvements.
- May involve reviewing, writing and/or updating SOPs .
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Ability to complete batch records completely and accurately
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to train others
- College graduate with a Science background or equivalent 2 years experience in a fast-paced Biotech manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must have some biotech manufacturing experience.
- At least 2 years experience in a Biotech lab or equivalent manufacturing environment.
- Experience in operating automated equipment , robotics, data entry.
- Must be customer focused, able to work under pressure with team or on his/her own.
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude.
- Is strategic, astute and forward-thinking.
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity .
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others.
- Embraces and leverages diversity of culture and thought.
- Must be a quick learner with a positive attitude.
- Team player
Works in a laboratory and/or cleanroom environment. Is required to lift up to 25 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts including weekends and holidays, depending on business needs. May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join