Provide financial and business support for the North American Clinical Services BU within the Clinical Trials Division. This position works closely with operating management to develop and execute strategies to drive profitable growth and improve quality and service levels for our customers. The position has responsibility for sites in Allentown, Mt. Prospect (Chicago), Bohemia (Long Island), and Indianapolis.
- Support the General Manager & leadership team to set and deliver the business plan and meet key operating & financial goals.
- Manage the Annual Operating Plan process, Quarterly & Monthly Business Reviews and weekly forecasts in collaboration with the leadership team, site GMs & finance managers.
- Manage the BU Sourcing and Procurement function.
- Ensure all sites meet the monthly corporate reporting deadlines and comply with US GAAP.
- Partner with colleagues within the BU and division to drive both functional and business process improvements and productivity projects.
- Provide performance reporting tools and metrics plus analysis and recommendations to operating management to optimize business results.
- Prepare and present analysis and authorization for significant capital investments and commercial opportunities.
- Develop analytical models and tools to drive growth initiatives and improve business decisions.
- Lead and coach the local finance teams and operating partners to develop enhanced skills and business acumen.
- Maintain strong internal controls to safeguard company assets
- Candidate will demonstrate expertise in the following areas: operations accounting, financial reporting, internal control, financial planning and analysis, financial modeling, project management, and technical accounting knowledge, within a P&L accountable business.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit leadership, initiative and embrace the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- Strong business and industry knowledge and a history of business partnering as well as the ability to develop and implement robust financial processes to drive effective decisions.
- The ability to identify and champion productivity improvements and create an atmosphere of continuous improvement through PPI (Lean Process Improvement).
- Excellent written communication skills, along with clear & concise verbal skills, are essential. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to obtain buy-in at the executive level.
- The ability to recruit, develop, and manage professional teams and provide constructive feedback through performance and development processes.
- Proven history of leading cross functional / country teams and building organizational relationships with customers, peers and operating partners across functions & geographies.
- The ability to handle multiple assignments, work flexible hours and cope with the complexity of tracking and managing multiple, disparate moving parts.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint are required; experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) is preferred.
Education/ Experience :
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant analytical background
- CPA, Chartered Accountant, MBA or equivalent preferred
- 12+ years of progressive relevant work experience within a global organization.
- 7+ years of management experience
- Proven experience collaborating with global teams