When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for Unity Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: Shipping Management, Mail management, Dock management, Inventory management. This position will utilize the systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: UPS and FedEx shipping software, USPS postage equipment, SAP and the Microsoft Office suite. Strong communication skills are also required.
What will you do?
- Shipments, including packing of samples, dangerous goods and palletized freight, domestic and international
- Mail services, mail sorting, pick up & delivery
- Receiving, unloading and processing of incoming packages
- Deliver inbound freight or packages to various locations throughout site
- Work with end-user to coordinate shipments and deliveries
- Follow procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & Work Instructions
- Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily activities
- Communicate with Supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Embrace Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologie
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Capture monthly metrics as determined by Supervisor
- Maintain Shipping and Receiving supplies
- Daily use of power industrial vehicles, such as electric pallet jacks, forklift and walkie-stackie
- Strong attention to detail in safety protocols
- Support the Quality Management System by:
- Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
- Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
- Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training requirements within defined deadlines
How will you get here?
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must have two to five years of progressive relevant experience
- Display a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promote team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Working knowledge of UPS, FedEx, and USPS shipping systems
- Strong shipping experience, domestic and international,
- Hazardous material handling
- 49 CFR/IATA certification a plus
- SAP a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join