Job Title: Procurement Project Manager
Requisition ID: 58166BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- The Position of Procurement Project Manager is a challenging and extremely interesting role where we provide you with the tools you need to do a great job. You will have access to a great team of people who will help you be successful.
- The successful candidate's primary focus will be to lead and execute projects aimed at incremental and breakthrough improvements across all facets of procurement. This individual will drive data-focused thinking, identify and eliminate waste and lead process improvements.
- This role creates a culture of ongoing improvement that challenges the status quo and behaviors in order to improve quality, cost, delivery, safety and sustainability.
- Change Management
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain/Materials Management, Business Logistics or a related area or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in procurement
- 3+ years of experience in project management
- Results oriented, metrics driven individual with a continuous improvement approach.
- Must have experience and be comfortable in a highly structured/procedural environment.
- 5-20% travel.
- Deep Supply Chain Knowledge
- Proven ability to lead and execute Procurement related projects
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong Analytical skills
This position does not have relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join