The Technical Officer will apply technical knowledge to perform standard tests/duties across multiple technical methods and domains in the Microbiology Division, ensuring timely delivery of results to clients.
- Test samples of microbiological media and diagnostic products manufactured at Microbiology Division Thebarton site using prescribed methods:
- Media product conformance
- Sterility testing
- Raw media in-process and incoming goods testing.
- Initiate non-conformance procedures, and assist the investigation of customer non-conformances.
- Execute Organism maintenance in line with documented procedures.
- Participate in Environmental monitoring as and when required in line with documented procedures.
- Operate, maintain and calibrate laboratory instruments to required specifications as required.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety (EHS) legislation.
- Any other task required from time to time to assist the efficient running of the department.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and meet work deadlines according to standard laboratory procedures.
- Tertiary qualifications in science related discipline.
- Proven manual dexterity and technical precision/accuracy.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Ability to work both in a team environment.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills both written and oral.
- Demonstrated effective numerical and keyboard computer skills.
- Able to prepare and present reports for internal parties.
- Excellent planning and time management ability.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join