Senior Manager, Strategy
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Our Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing business based in South San Francisco and Carlsbad, part of our Life Sciences Solutions group, offers multiple solutions for solid tumor biomarker testing to aid in identifying those patients eligible for treatment, based on Ion Torrent and Oncomine NGS technology.
Personalized precision medicine has become a new paradigm in oncology treatment, offering hope for improved cancer treatments. Advances in next-generation sequencing (NGS) allow clinicians and laboratory professionals to routinely gather therapy-relevant molecular information in a timely fashion, a prerequisite for true personalized medicine in the face of a growing list of molecularly targeted drugs.
How will you make an impact?
Are you passionate about precision medicine? Are you excited to influence the future of cancer treatment through genetic sequencing?
This role puts you in the middle of transforming how genetic information can be used to save lives and discover scientific breakthroughs.
In this position, you will be responsible for integrating market research and large amounts of data to develop strategic insights and actionable recommendations. You will inform marketing efforts, support product portfolio strategy, and contribute to strategic planning.
What will you do?
- Translate raw market intelligence into actionable insights by integrating a broad spectrum of information sources, extracting signals, and synthesizing data in the context of business needs
- Assess the rapidly changing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) market landscape, connect the dots between seemingly disparate trends, and see ‘around the corner’ to predict how the market will evolve and competitors will respond
- Support the development of Voice of Consumer (VoC) research through thoughtful data collection, insightful observations and careful analysis
- Develop an objective viewpoint on the outlook of key market segments based on a thorough evaluation of technology, competitor, regulatory and reimbursement trends
- Identify disruptive opportunities and threats to our business, and provide actionable recommendations on how to respond
How will you get here?
- BS/BA degree (or higher) in Science, Engineering, Finance, Business, or related field required
- Advanced degree or MBA strongly preferred
Experience and Characteristics
- Minimum 5 years of consulting, strategy, corporate development, market/business intelligence, or related experience
- Next-generation sequencing, diagnostics, oncology-related biopharmaceutical or healthcare IT experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and articulate complex strategic issues and ideas
- Cross-functional team leadership solving multivariate problems
- Experience influencing upward and downward in past organizations
- Creative, resourceful, gritty, willing to hustle – will never hesitate to roll up sleeves and pursue something hands-on, will persevere when others fall away
- Comfort managing ambiguity, comfortable with fluid objectives and priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills to present and disseminate financial and scientific data
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to individuals and groups
- Ethics, integrity, and maturity
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Outstanding Excel and quantitative modeling skills
- Expertise in PowerPoint and preparation of well-packaged presentations
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau or Power BI
- Experience analyzing large-scale data sets
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join