As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
The Grinding Associate grinds the flat, end and corner dimensions of rough microscope slides to customer dimensions.
- Load metal chuck with microscope slides.
- Place the chuck onto grinding machine and grind corners of sides and then remove chuck from the machine.
- Operate hand grinders and other grinding techniques to relieve edges.
- Remove glass from chuck and place in plastic trays.
- Use crown lift for lifting metal chucks.
- Required to meet daily production targets determined by the Production Supervisor.
- Support and participate in PPI projects as requested
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Noise conditions due to grinding machines, and heat on the production floor. Standing for extended periods of time for 10 hour shift or more. Lifting up to 45 pounds. Bending twisting motions are not uncommon. Repetitious work. Excellent hand/finger dexterity required.
- Able to follow instructions and written procedures as instructed.
- Able to work at a consistent paced environment.
- Able to fill out daily paperwork.
- Read, write and understand English.
- Basic math and computer entry skills.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High school diploma/GED from an accredited institution
- Background check and drug test required
- Preferred manufacturing background or equivalent transferable work experience
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join