Job Title: Laboratory Sales Manager: UK, Ireland & Netherlands
Location – UK Remote Field Based with regular travel
Requisition ID: 58114BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Strategy implementation: The translation of business objectives together with Franchise Specialists for allergy & autoimmunity into a sales and marketing strategy for the laboratory sales team. Then to continually monitor and adjust to address issues such as resource constraints, competency weaknesses, emerging market trends, competitive activity etc.
- Hitting company objectives for sales and profit
- Effective management of the laboratory sales people and Irish Business Manager.
- Implementation of laboratory sales & marketing plans to achieve the above.
- Ensuring all tenders and contracts deliver acceptable profit margins and contain service agreements that are deliverable
- High success rate of tender wins that the company competes for.
- Facilitation and accurate completion of tender documentation within time lines.
- To promote good team working within the company as a whole.
- Promote Quality Management within the organisation
- To play an active part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific (IDD)Ltd management team
- To work together with Franchise Specialists for allergy & autoimmunity to adapt and produce marketing campaigns and implement these campaigns through laboratory sales team.
- Tenders Ensure that all tenders represent a commercially viable proposition for Thermo Fisher Scientific (IDD) and approve sign-off all tenders before submission to customer. To be active with customers in the sales process to influence any specifications and requirements of the tender prior to the release of tender documents.
- Setting and hitting targets: agreeing with the Area Managers, challenging sales and activity targets and ensuring that these are met each quarter as well as ensuring OPEX constraints are adhered to.
- People Management: Day to day supervision of national and local sales, including the setting of sales and activity targets, monitoring performance against target as well as actions Vs account plans and half year appraising.
- Coaching and Training: Evaluate and develop the skills of the Irish Business Manager & Area Managers, Coach and develop effective selling/negotiation skills and account management skills.
- Recruitment, retention and promotion: Select staff capable of developing the breadth of skill needed to be a successful as an Area Manager. To keep individuals stimulated and high performers moving through the organisation.
- Defining best practice: Benchmark with aligned Diagnostic’s industry, define best practice in laboratory selling techniques.
- To manage Thermo Fisher Scientific (IDD) business: ensure internal processes are followed.
- Recruitment. Effectively recruit, train, motivate and empower Area Managers to deliver and exceed set targets.
- Building and sustaining the team: As well as ensuring that career paths exist for the ambitious and talented, while encouragement and challenges are given to the less ambitious, but still key members of the team
- Coaching and Training: Set SMART objectives for developing Area Managers individual local strategy and account plans
- Spend at average of 55% of working week on Field Visits intended for coaching and developing individual’s skills and the added support for the Key Business Accounts.
- Set in place personal development and training plans with Area Managers aligned with relevant objectives agreed at the commencement of each project
- Plan for and implement training and development courses, in line with team requirements, identified from individual people
Recruiter: Alverina Corion; Alverina.email@example.com
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join