Reports To: Team Leader (indirectly to Shift Lead)
Career Band: 4
Job Track: Associate
Position Location: Basingstoke
As part of a team, an operator leads an assigned operating area on the shift to deliver organisational and production results in line with the site strategy and specific objectives for the department/team including:
- Output and OEE
- Schedule adherence
- Training and Development
- Lead training and qualification of your shift team to acquire all skills necessary to operate, maintain, changeover and troubleshoot the equipment autonomously in a safe and quality manner.
- Role-model the Thermo Fisher 4I Values and Operations Competencies and use as a day-to-day guide in decision making on your shift team and in your operating area.
- Utilise all available resources to achieve your shift team goals.
- Take accountability for the results of your shift team, and responsibility for the decisions made on the shift. Hence, you must ensure that you and the operators are clear on roles and responsibilities, operating principles, and that the operating systems are followed and maintained at all times.
- Establish and maintain the standards on your shift team for safety, quality, appearance, attendance/cover, and other operating systems. Personally role model implementation and execution of the systems and standards in your shift team to ensure full implementation of the daily cycle with all associated operating systems.
- Set daily direction for your shift team by effectively leading shift tiered meetings,. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Reviewing previous shift results to establish gaps and priorities
- Develop and execute plans to execute maintenance, close-out gaps/problems, and execute systems to deliver shift goals
- Lead troubleshooting of open barriers to the root-cause.
- Support your team in resolution of barriers as requested by the Shift Lead
- Review and learn from daily activities.
- Ensure effective communication and relay teamwork within and between shifts.
- Most importantly, you must motivate the individuals within your team, and develop them into a strong, autonomous and engaged team:
- Create an environment that encourages individual and team growth.
- Set clear, comprehensive expectations, set an example, provide meaningful, timely feedback about performance, train and coach to continuously improve individual performance and business results.
- Learn by doing and teach by example, and promote ‘Review and Learn’ approach at individual and shift team levels.
- Deputise for the Team Leader in his/her absence when required.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: (Bullets)
- Experienced leader of people within a production/operations environment
- Drive for Results - Ability and willingness to learn technical and leadership skills and the ability to train/coach others.
- Decision Quality - Attention to detail and a systematic approach.
- Role Model Leader – hands on approach and flexible attitude to daily work/responsibilities, ability to lead by example
- Problem Solving -Effective in technical and organisational troubleshooting to root cause.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join