About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Provide financial analysis, auditing, reporting, operational assessments and strategic support for the Third Party Services group of RSD. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide financial reporting and support for 3P, including quarterly department and key customer P&L’s, proforma modeling (RFP’s and as-needed), MBR/QBR reporting and sales analysis.
- Assist in the development and communication of 3P financial and operating goals, including coordination with AOP as well as monthly and quarterly updates.
- Identify profit improvement and productivity opportunities, and drive implementation through metric performance, innovation and process improvement.
- Perform internal audits of designated key accounts for contractual compliance and margin expansion opportunities.
- Provide price roll analytics and weighted for sales reports as needed.
- Identify and monitor hotlist items with respect to price changes and margin compression
- Review highest-moving CHP’s below cost and take corrective action.
- Monitor negative transactions and correct as necessary via credits/rebills.
- Document customers with Non-contract Trans PPA and monitor sell price to capture trans recovery.
- Provide quarterly revenue and margin reports by customer “type” – i.e. Sliding Scale, Program, and “all Other”.
- Document margin improvement realized as a result of these activities.
- Provide other ad hoc analysis and support as needed.
- Proficiency in the following areas: financial reporting, financial modeling, internal control, analysis and general accounting knowledge.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative and embrace the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Strong business and industry knowledge as well as the ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- Ability to identify and champion productivity improvements through Practical Process Improvement.
- Ability to work independently as well as operate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies and self-train when appropriate.
- Must demonstrate good decision-making skills, initiative, and motivation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy-to-understand analysis and presentations with the ability to engage in communication at the executive level.
- Proven ability to build organizational relationships with customers, peers and operating partners.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, exercise good judgment and prioritize projects and time efficiently.
- Commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel and Access; skills with Cognos data warehouse and SQL are preferred.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Business or other relevant field
- Three to five years’ of relevant work experience
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join