This position is accountable for developing and implementing strategic area sales plans and forecasts to achieve business objectives for services. Hires, and trains salespeople, develops talent, assigns sales territories, sets sales quotas and monitors sales activities, sets sales compensation levels, determines commission and bonus structures, motivates the sales staff, creates systematic infrastructure, funnel management process and culture for generating sustainable organic biz growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieves the planned growth for revenue and bookings in the assigned accounts/territory while maintaining or exceeding margin goals.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments in a proactive and timely manner.
- Builds, analyzes and understands team metrics and business trends to look for opportunities to improve current sales within assigned regions.
- Conducts monthly and quarterly sales performance reviews to reflect progress and market changes.
- Leads the service sales territory representatives, inclusive of managing performance, coaching, mentoring, hiring and career development.
- Evaluates market trends and gathers competitive information, identifies trends that effect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability.
- Disseminates information to regional service sales representatives, service marketing and service operations.
- Owns the key account management and ensures that account plans and sales activities are consistent with overall business goals.
- Qualifies potential enterprise service business opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way ensuring Thermo Fisher is invited to all associated RFP’s.
- Collaborates with key account customers to understand their business needs and strategic objectives, forms relationships with decision-makers and identifies, develops and closes services business opportunities.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively and to develop competitive differentiation.
- Collaborates with other groups within Thermo Fisher to implement strategies, identify and address cross-selling and synergistic business opportunities and overcome obstacles.
- Ensures all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Business or related, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years+ experience in selling service product
- 3 years+ experience in managing the service sales team
- Background in analytical instrument industry as plus.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in a prior sales position.
- Effective decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Good Leadership skill
- Proficient MS-Office (At least proficient Excel, Word, PowerPoint operation)
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join