Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Job Title: Senior Marketing Manager, Chromatography Consumables
Group/Division: Analytical Instruments Group/Chromatography Consumables
Career Band: Band 08
Job Track: Management
Position Location: Runcorn, UK
The Chromatography Consumables Senior Marketing Manager position is a critical leadership role in delivering our marketing programs. This role is responsible for developing and delivering an effective marketing plan across the full marketing mix to drive our commercial and revenue goals. With line management responsibility for the Digital Marketing Manager, Product Marketing Manager and Channel Marketing Manager, and working in collaboration with Product Managers, Application Scientists, Regional and Vertical Marketing teams and the Divisional MarComm team.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the CCS marketing plan.
- Leadership of the CCS marketing team (Product Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Manager and Channel Marketing Manager)
- Engagement with vertical, regional and divisional marketing and sales organizations for development, communication and delivery of marketing plans and assessment of results.
- Define product positioning strategy with relevant Product Managers, regions and vertical markets.
- Evaluate VOC and Market Trends alongside Product Management and utilize market understanding to enhance marketing performance.
- Monthly review of marketing objectives vs plan and produce marketing KPI pack to ensure achievement of the marketing plan. Take action to address underperformance and proactively optimize programs to exceed targets.
- With the Marketing & Product Management Director, determine market segment priorities and develop positioning and supporting material to market complete solutions of our targeted products.
- Work with Product Managers to position new products based on their value propositions and target markets. Responsible for execution of NPI marketing plans.
- Sales Training - Create and deliver training material to the sales organizations for awareness of marketing plans and to keep current on market trends, products, positioning by segment and customer.
Associated job responsibilities:
- Input into product strategy planning and prioritization
- In field support of events and training activities
- Development and support of KOL relationships
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Proven experience in the successful development and delivery of marketing programs for a scientific audience
- Demonstrated confidence in written, interpersonal and oral communication is essential
- Ability to understand technology and articulate strong customer value/benefit propositions is critical.
- Strong computer skills in office applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel) and presentation tools (e.g., MS PowerPoint), are critical.
- Independent, assertive, self-starter with the ability to work with a diverse and global team.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Up to 40%
To discuss interest or queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join