Job Title: Chromatography Consumables Technical Copy Writer
Reports To: Senior Marketing manager
Business Unit: Chromatography Consumables
Career Band: 6
Career Track: Professional
The Chromatography Consumables Technical Copy Writer is responsible for creating compelling copy for technical documents, application notes, marketing collateral, web content, product manuals and other documents as required. Working with product managers application scientists, external collaborators and the CCS marketing team to ensure complex information is presented in a clear, concise and accurate manner. You will develop and deliver content in line with schedules defined by our marketing and new product development plans to support the overall delivery and presentation of CCS promotional plans.
This position will require the use and development in skills to:
- Analyze our chromatography consumables business to identify new growth opportunities
- Use VOC to identify unmet customer needs
- Develop compelling content for marketing messaging and campaigns
- Develop position and promotional materials for the Commercial team
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit manuals, application notes, web content, brochures and other product and marketing collateral as required for both electronic and hard copy formats
- Maintain up to date knowledge of technical terms, trends in application relevant language and technologies.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style and content in line with Thermo Scientific brand guidelines
- Manage updates and revisions to technical and marketing literature
- Work with Product Managers, Application Scientists, Marketing teams and Regional Sales teams to understand product features, value propositions, customer needs and applications.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in physical or life science, chemistry or engineering discipline.
- Proven experience with Chromatography preferable
- Demonstrated confidence in written, interpersonal and oral communication is essential
- Ability to understand technology and articulate strong customer value/benefit propositions is critical.
- Strong computer skills in office applications (e.g., MS Word) and presentation tools (e.g., MS PowerPoint), are critical.
- Proven experience working in a technical copy writing position
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join