As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
Large Volume Liquid Formulation: Perform techniques and procedures to formulate liquid chemical solutions for reagents, controls, and calibrators in large volume equipment (1500L – 36000L).
- Prepare and inspect equipment for use in large volume formulations. Set up portable tanks, blenders, ovens and grinders.
- Move and stage large quantities of raw materials using automated equipment such as powered lifts and drum haulers.
- Prepare and inspect equipment for use in chemical and bio-formulations. Set up pumps, filters, tubing connections and mixers.
- Follow prescribed directions to calculate the amount of chemical needed to formulate the volume of the product specified in the production schedule. Weigh and mix chemicals with diluents under controlled conditions.
- Responsible for the cleaning and routine maintenance of all equipment.
- Maintain complete and accurate production records in conformance with GMP and FDA requirements.
- Perform basic laboratory analytical testing.
- Input data into a computerized material control system.
- Continuously monitors work area for unsafe conditions and take immediate action to correct unsafe condition(s).
- Responsible for quality of product produced.
- Continuously follows all safety requirements including PPE.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; a B.S. in Science or Medical Technology is preferred.
- Minimum of one year production experience (may be waived in lieu of B.S. in Science) and knowledge of the metric system (weights & volumes).
- Relevant education may be considered in lieu of one year production experience.
- Normal manufacturing environment.
- Position may require frequent communication and walking to other areas in which designated PPE will be required.
- Position will require sitting and standing.
- Ability to lift materials weighing up to 110 pounds. Employee to employ traditional lifting techniques for materials up to 75 lbs. Items over 75 lbs will require the employee to use non traditional techniques including, push-pull method, automated lifts and other equipment or additional techniques. Employee will be trained in these techniques upon employment. Employees already in position will require one time training.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must have excellent math and communication skills and working knowledge of the metric system (weights & volumes).
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Familiarity with various internal production processes.
- Working knowledge of computer applications (including word processing & spreadsheets).
- Knowledge of GMP and ISO requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels.
- Familiarity with SAP transactions is a plus.
- Flexible around work hours, available for overtime, as necessary (may include extended shifts & weekends).
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must meet required Work Keys assessment levels if applicable.
- Demonstrated good safety and quality practices.
- Good attendance history is required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position is not approved for relocation benefits.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join