When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
An opportunity exists for an experienced sales professional in the Laboratory Products Division (LPD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position offers the right candidate a key position in the Laboratory Equipment Division and will provide opportunities for career development and growth.
The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for meeting and exceeding his or her assigned geographic territory forecast. This will be accomplished by aggressively pursuing new sales opportunities and by effectively establishing strong business relationships with our current and future client base. The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for training and working with our channel partners to close sales opportunities. The Territory Sales Representative will also be responsible for developing and continually updating effective written strategic business plans for each major account to ensure that we are expanding our market share at a double-digit growth rate. The Territory Sales Representative has additional responsibility for seeking out new business potentials for Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ other divisions and engaging all appropriate sales personnel to achieve maximum results for the company in total.
- Market all products in assigned geographic territory by using exceptional selling skills to exceed pre-established territory forecasts.
- Work weekly with our channel partners (VWR, Fisher and Cardinal) to close sales.
- Continually promote Thermo’s breadth of product offerings on all sales calls to achieve maximum client solution opportunities.
- Develop detailed business plans for each key account in order to achieve double-digit annualized growth. To be reviewed quarterly with the Regional Sales Director.
- Aggressively pursue opportunities for Thermo “Discovery Days” and take a company leadership role to engage other divisions.
- Participate as a team member in all assigned corporate and focus account initiatives.
- Consistently (daily), update the company CRM (SFDC) sales funnel reports of projected bookings to assist in monthly company sales forecasting and product build plans.
- Provide commitments of expected bookings on a bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and assume ownership of accuracy.
- Aggressively pursue new laboratory selling opportunities and correctly identify same on all quotation submittals.
- Control expenses against pre-established budget and submit required reports on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in the Life Sciences, and a minimum of 5 years of highly successful laboratory sales experience required.
- Must have an exceptional understanding of our markets and be knowledgeable of diverse laboratory product applications.
- Strong knowledge of assigned account base.
- Exceptional analytical capability and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and influence others to achieve results.
- Self-motivated with bias for action.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive communications abilities
- Substantiated capability to effectively negotiate and close business.
- Evidence of professional presentation skills.
- Outstanding follow up and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel to accomplish assigned goals.
- Specialized knowledge of capital procurement processes within government, biopharmaceutical, educational, clinical, and industrial markets
- Good proficiency in PC software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Preferred Location: Sacramento/Davis Area
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join