When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
South San Francisco
Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division
How will you make an impact?
The Associate Product Manager will provide execution for products across the Ion Torrent business of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This person will develop and assist with managing a portfolio of on-market and new products. S/he will be responsible for assisting development of product strategy, product definition, positioning, and product life-cycle management. Responsibilities include but not limit to developing product requirements, marketing and launch plans, working with product development teams, managing inventory, pricing, managing customer project scopes & expectations, and customer communications.
Nature and Scope:
This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach. Strong business and customer focus are essential. Effectiveness in this role requires problem-solving skills, critical-thinking, creativity & custom solution to meeting customer requirements, and ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation among cross-functional team members and drive sound decisions to move projects forward. Up to ~15% of travel (international and domestic) is required.
What will you do?
- Manages worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio
- Updates and presents revenue & forecasts regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams
- Leads new product development teams, develops customer & product requirements, customer communications, and competitive strategy,
- Identifies opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation.
- Drives new product development cycle from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, manage product launches and sales training.
- Works collaboratively with other members of cross-functional teams to meet milestones, drive growth for the product line and contribution to the overall business segment.
- Knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in life sciences
- 1-2+ years of relevant product management experience
- Proven ability to build relationships and guide teams which include representatives from multiple functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Program Management, and Manufacturing
- Ability to assist with managing project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus decisions, and resolving conflict within teams and/or customers.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in marketing, product management or strategy role including participating in market analysis, planning and new product development
- Ability to see new business opportunities, set and meet aggressive objectives and develop strong working relationships will be required for success
- Requires strong customer facing experience
- Experience developing and presenting product marketing materials
- Next generation sequencing experience
- IVD, compliance, and/or design control product development experience
- Instrumentation and software product management experience
- Understanding of genomics, sequencing, molecular biology products, some life sciences
- Software development and/or bioinformatics experience is a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join