Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
· FEI’s corporate organizationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
· Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
· How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
· the installation of a Talos atb the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
The Engineer Operations – Sustaining Products (SPr) is member of the Sustaining Products group within the Engineering Organization at ThermoFisher MSD. The Sustaining Products Engineering group is responsible for sustaining engineering support after transfer from design to volume production and through the product end of life. This group collaborates closely with the New product Introduction (NPI) ,Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), CT, manufacturing, logistics, purchasing, quality, and Global Technical Support (GTS) groups within ThermoFisher MSD to sustain products and define product and process improvements throughout the product lifecycle.
The primary focus of the Operations Engineer SPR is to provide technical support in order to enable efficient solution to problems in manufacturing, field and supply chain. This means you will work close with operations engineers NPI as soon as products will become mature. You will check on manufacturability (factory requirements), reliability and serviceability. Furthermore the operations engineer SPR solves ad hoc technical problems. This can be on our own factory floor but also at suppliers.
Special to this job is that we work on low volume, high complex, long leadtime products. Broad range of technical skills is a must.
This position interfaces mostly with, manufacturing, service, logistics, purchasing, and quality groups to ensure development of sustainable products according to the latest quality standards, at lowest COGS and in line with best practices. (Value engineering/obsolescence/ cost reviews)
Specific deliverables associated with this position include:
• Support factory and field escalation service engineers with first builds, installs and upgrades of introduced systems or escalations support systems and modules to ensure proper working order. This may require travel to various customer locations or suppliers. (Max 2 times per year for installs/escalations). Our biggest suppliers are mostly stationed local(Netherlands)
• Set up process related training (e.g. how to deal with capital goods in our warehouse) final test, install and repair procedures (work instructions). May develop advanced troubleshooting procedures. Development and maintenance of technical product and process documentation.
• Conduct detailed troubleshooting and analysis of system or component level problems that affect reliability, performance, manufacturability etc. You will interpret business intelligence information and solve problems according to the Shainin method.
• Support the supply chain with Engineering Change Order execution and engineering expertise for component and subassembly sourcing. This includes the analysis of parts for reliability, vendor qualification and supplier quality issues. Interaction with external suppliers/vendors.
• Support Field Service and the Global Technical Support with product and/or process escalations as necessary.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• Typically required, a Bachelor or Master degree in a technical discipline such as Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or other relevant degree
• Typically requires 2-7 years of experience and engineering working knowledge. Preferably of physics related to optics and system integration of high end tools.
• Candidate must have hands-on mentality; you love high end technical complex tools and problems.
• Additional preference for working knowledge of electron beam technology and basic software programming.
• Being able to read and interpret Business Intelligence data and take appropriate action on data found, problems occurring, manage and involve necessary stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of multiple cross-functional departments and sites without damaging relationships, team player.
• You’re able to work structured, according to plan.
A highly dynamic and challenging high tech environment where you will be interfacing with stakeholders across all levels of our organization. We guide you through factory training in the first 5 months, where you will learn ins and outs on our Transmission Electron Microscopes! You will be trained in our PMP process, mentored by our specialists and will learn project management. We offer decent contract with a good market conform salary and excellent secondary benefit, training and room for growth in technical, leadership and project management skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join