When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
This position will be based remotely in the Nashville, TN area.
How will you make an impact?
The Field Service Technician is a field based position that is responsible for customer support activities with a focus on preventative and corrective maintenance of instrumentation.
What will you do?
- Utilize proven troubleshooting processes to diagnose and resolve technical issues on a variety of electromechanical instruments.
- Manage service call scheduling, parts inventory and administrative responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
- Provide written documentation of service activities, and effective interaction and communication with internal technical support personnel, manufacturing, and sales.
How will you get here?
- Associates Degree or Technical Certification or military biomedical training required
- Two to three years of field service experience
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve problems on electronic and mechanical instrumentation in a scientific laboratory environment
- Must possess basic software skills and computer literacy
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze schematics, assembly drawings and wiring diagrams
- Good written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and an effective team player
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift 50lbs
- Up to 80% travel may be required to meet customer needs
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with Anatomical Pathology instrumentation preferred
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join