A rare opportunity has arisen to join our team on a Fixed Term (Jan - June 2018) basis as a Technical Application Scientist. In this role you will provide mainly office based pre- and post-sales technical support to customers and internal staff. This position is primarily focused on supporting the Applied Biosystems QPCR, digital PCR, Genetic Analysis and Next Generation Sequencing systems, reagents and consumables. A level of experience with Flow cytometry, microarray and sample preparation would be an advantage.
- Provide technical support for Applied Biosystems product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries received via telephone, email or web chat
- Support the Thermo Fisher Scientific business by partnering with the commercial team to drive customer success and business growth
- Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system
- Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ’s and troubleshooting guides
- Present technical updates to colleagues and contribute to department meetings
- Participate in additional special team or individual projects
- May be required to assist with lab based customer training and projects
- Assist with demo equipment upkeep and readiness
- May be required to perform other related duties as opportunities arise
- BSc(Hons) or equivalent with experience in molecular biology
- Strong level of laboratory experience with experimental design and implementation
- Laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques required.
- Experience in a broad range of genetic analysis methods including gene expression profiling, nucleic acid purification, cDNA sysnthesis, QPCR, Sanger DNA sequencing, next generation sequencing etc.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Experience or understanding of customer focused support and service
- Proven ability to quickly learn large amounts of new, complex technical information
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join