When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Scientist I, Manufacturing Sciences I role will support the activities of the manufacturing group.
- Conduct routine operations to manufacture molecular products. This may include various process workflow as well as cleaning and clear activities in Production areas, and supporting other Production/Quality activities.
- Adhere to safe laboratory practices and maintain a safe work environment.
- Adhere to the LBI Quality Management System and support its quality objectives.
- Perform responsibilities to support the needs of Operations as assigned by a Manager/Supervisor or designee.
- Conduct routine operations to build products by following standard operating procedures for the different workflows including the operation of various laboratory instruments
- Monitor equipment where assigned responsibility and keep records
- Handling of chemical solvents and solutions
- Appropriate handling and disposal of chemical and laboratory waste, including replacing waste bottles, broken glass and sharps containers
- Maintaining supplies of disposable lab ware (gloves, tubes, pipettes, etc.) at chemical workstations
- General laboratory maintenance, including cleaning of lab benches, balances and other equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of science
- Five (5) months of industry work experience in laboratory procedures and practices
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to maintain a clean working environment
- Ability to work as a team member, attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Basic knowledge in the handling of chemicals materials and biological samples preferred
- Prior laboratory work involving pipetting preferred
This position has not been budgeted for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join