When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Laboratory Product Representative manages a geographic region and is responsible for maintaining and growing business through inside sales, outbound telephone prospecting. This will be accomplished by establishing strong business relationships with our current and future client base along with all Thermo Fisher Scientific's channel partners. Purview includes the entire LPD product portfolio (consumables and equipment).
- Develop new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound networking.
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory.
- Research accounts, uses historical data and trends to find new business opportunities.
- Identify key players and generate interest.
- Develops territory business plan and frequently update according to business and market changes.
- Understand customer needs and requirements.
- Close sales and achieve quotas.
- Communicates the value of doing business with Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Collaborate with channel partners and create solutions for customer.
- Identify competitive positions and tactics within accounts; develop strategies to address.
- Present benefits and solutions to customers in a way that addresses their needs; use selling techniques to advance the sales cycle; leverages points of agreement to gain buy-in and commitment for moving forward.
- Prioritize daily actives effectively with good time management skills.
- Accept and adapt to change quickly while remaining effective and efficient.
- Fully understand the product workflow pertaining to the needs of the current customer base.
- Effectively leverage the tools and resources available to assist in the sales process such as SFDC opportunity entry, dashboards, forecast and analytical reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in the sciences.
- 1-3 years’ experience in industry, academia, or related field with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written, and presentation communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative and good business judgment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to effectively learn and utilize on-line CRM application and social media resources to grow territory.
- Demonstrated success in developing/prospecting new business.
- Proficiency in PC software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and i-Pad familiarity.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join