Field Service Engineer
You will drive the technical and field service business under Thermo Fisher Scientific. You are expected to meet service financial commitment, service deliverables metrics and expertise to deliver the best in class response to Thermo Fisher Scientific customers.
- Responsible in providing timely and optimum product support for chromatography and MS involving: Installations, Telephone and On-site Diagnostics, Preventative Maintenance visits, Un-scheduled service, Remote service and Customer training.
- Process escalation and warranty claims timely and accurately to resolve service issues.
- Provide in-house technical support for Customer Service, Sales and Marketing.
- Accurately document field service activities, including installation report and service work report, expense report and timely submit through the required system.
- Organize and maintain various supporting technical reference materials.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs
- Degree in Engineering with equivalent experience in similar field and industry.
- A strong understanding of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation and software is required.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Strong performance track record.
- Ability to interact effectively across functions.
- Fluent in the use of relevant technical equipment with an inherent ability to learn new product services rapidly.
- An excellent team player and team builder
- Able to work independently with limited supervision in a dynamic environment
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively (est. 70% - 80%)
- Must possess a valid driver's license and own transport
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join