As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Properly identify machine parts, locate parts in stock areas, place orders for parts.
- Work with suppliers and Purchasing to maintain proper inventory of spare parts.
- Track consumable products and place orders to maintain proper stocking levels.
- Work with project managers and PM Lead to have parts available to meet project needs.
- Continuous stock room maintenance, organization, identification, and cleanliness.
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained and in working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Completing action items by assigned dates and priorities
- Filling out work orders daily
- Tracking time in MP2 or other CMMS Systems ensuring that paid hours are accounted for correctly.
- Developing a daily checklist for startup, end of shift pass down, and communication required from shift to shift
- Ensuring Preventative Maintenance compliance and development
- Performing general maintenance tasks such as welding, machine shop work, hydraulic repairs, HVAC.
- Installing, repairing, troubleshooting and setting up pneumatic, thermal, hydraulic controls, and troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret meters, schematic diagrams, blueprints, rules and other measuring instruments.
- Consistently providing and supporting the overall maintenance of the facility, accommodating shifting schedules to meet the needs of the business and maintenance goals (ie plant shut downs) and providing critical support to the Value Stream.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Be able to lift 70 pounds, work standing on hard surfaces, ladders, under and around equipment for entire shift.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an industrial maintenance mechanic / electrician in a manufacturing environment.
- Technical School certificate with emphasis on electronic/electrical components or equivalent work history.
- Knowledge of electrical or mechanical theory, components, codes and practices equivalent to a trade electrical journeyman or mechanical journeyman or higher level.
- Knowledge and experience with cutting tools and machine shop practice.
- Being a self starter, work without supervision, able to set up work plan and material requirement, coordinate with colleagues, contractor and clients to carry out the work assigned.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High school diploma/GED/Technical school experience and equivalent work experience. Associates degree or trade license preferred.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join